While a day at Windy Hill Farm and Preserve provides all the elements of a great hunt, our commitment to your entire experience is what sets us apart. As a boutique hunting preserve, we tailor each hunt to the unique guest’s expectations. This personalization, coupled with exceptional Southern hospitality and private, spacious accommodations results in a hunting getaway at our retreat in Eastern Tennessee that you’ll return to year after year. Now booking for 2023-2024 season.
East Tennessee Upland Quail Hunting
Each morning session begins with a hearty breakfast to fuel your day and connect with others before heading into the field. Each session offers three hours of continuous pursuit for 2-4 guests per course. A mid-day pause for lunch at Wilder offers a chance to recharge and regroup before heading back out for the afternoon chase. After a day in the field experiencing the finest upland quail hunting, we’ll head back just in time to enjoy a refreshing drink and light snacks to celebrate your hunt.
Hunting and Lodging Packages
Select one of the packages listed below and receive $100 off when you add a night in our Guest Lodge (single occupancy only). All hunts require a two-gun minimum. Each hunt includes guide and dogs and the opportunity to take ample number of birds, cleaned and packaged. Your stay includes all meals and non-alcoholic beverages, complimentary activities, WIFI and parking. Your dog can stay in room as well for a one-time $75 fee.
“Most Fun of My Entire Life”
Last week’s hunt was the most fun of my entire life. Great weather, awesome guide and loads of birds. Can’t wait to go back!
Our passionate and experienced guides ensure a safe and successful quail hunt. Lead guide Jack Bailey (known to us as ‘Chicken Hawk’ – and you can ask him why) brings 25 years of guiding experience to the field and knows how to put hunters on great birds. Jack and his team also love introducing folks to the sport, and welcome those of any experience level.
Windy Hill’s kennels are occupied by some of the best breeds and bloodlines in the country. From English Setters to English Cockers and German Shorthaired Pointers, our gundogs are trained year round for the chance to take to the field with you. We are proud to not only run world class pointers and retrievers, but also skilled flushing dogs for a truly authentic covey rise.
Windy Hill Hunting Notes
Safety & Legal
- Hunting License – Hunters are not required to have a hunting license in Tennessee when hunting on a registered game preserve. For more information, visit the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency.
- Age Requirement – Hunters must be 18 years or older or accompanied by a legal guardian to participate in any shooting activities.
- Safety Apparel – We require at minimum a blaze orange hat or cap and prefer guests wear blaze orange on their body also.
- Gun Requirements – We require 12 gauge or smaller shotguns and prefer hunters use 20 gauge or smaller if possible. Break action shotguns are also preferred.
- Safety Waiver – Shooting guests are required to sign a safety waiver prior to hunting.
- Extra Birds – $12.00/bird over allowed number per session
- Gun Rentals – $25/half day
- Guide Gratuities – If your guide did a great job, guests are welcome to tip in the field or add the gratuity to their incidentals bill.